SFS EARLY MOCK DRAFT ROUND 4
In the last round of our early mock for the 2012 NFL Fantasy season we look at a new face in a new place...a primed and ready veteran and a perennial first round pick coming back from a horrific knee injury.
1. Steve Smith WR Panthers - For much of last year Steve Smith was fantasy's number 1 WR then Cam Newton hit the rookie wall and his numbers down the stretch suffered. Cam may not put up those ridiculous rushing TD numbers again this season, but his passing should improve and Steve Smith should again be a very valuable fantasy WR.
2. Jordy Nelson WR, G.Bay Packers - Jordy can be frustrating to own because he can be an all or nothing fantasy commodity. At this point in the draft you can't pass on a guy that has so much big play ability and considering the offense he plays in.
3. Peyton Manning QB Broncos - Unless you have been living under a rock watching 1980's Superfriend's Cartoons on your BetaMax then you along with us here at SFS are looking forward to watching Peyton do his thing in Denver. I am rooting for a big come back here and my heart has him at number 3 in our fourth round (with huge upside) though I suspect some will gamble and pick him a bit higher.
4. Tony Romo QB Cowboys - Say what you will about the Cowboys failures to reach a Super Bowl for Jerry Jones in recent years, but there has been no shortage of good fantasy performances for Mr.Romo along with several very hot girl friends along the way. I'll take Tony and his smokin' hot chics all day at this point in the draft.
5. Mike Vick QB Eagles - It's hard not to like Vick this year. It all comes down to health with Vick like it always does, but my gut tells me he runs a lot less this year and slings that ball around to his many weapons.
6. About now people see the QB run and jump on board knowing this tier of players is coming to an end with Philip Rivers, QB San Diego Chargers. I don't like Rivers near as much as I did going into last year when he had his inconsistencies while still putting up large fantasy numbers. Vjack is gone, his star TE is aging so I must downgrade Rivers some this year. He's still a premier QB and those of your who went RB and WR heavy early on will gladly take Rivers here with his propensity for big time fantasy numbers.
7. Willis McGahee RB Denver - His value takes a nice jump this season with more opportunities to work that goal line with Peyton Manning running the show.
8. Reggie Bush RB Miami Dolphins - Miami figured out how to use Reggie at the end of last year and he ran off a big string of fantasy fiestas for owners. Look for a nice season from Reggie if he can stay healthy.
9. Jeremy Maclin WR Eagles - I think Mac is in for a big year.
10. Desean Jackson WR Eagles - The dynamic duo of Mac and Jack will make fantasy owners mighty happy this season as long as Vick stays locked and loaded.
11. Ahmad Bradshaw RB Super Bowl Champion N.Y. Giants - No Brandon Jacobs could mean a big year for Bradshaw who will share the load with rookie David Wilson.
12. We round out the last pick of our early mock with the beast...All Day A.P. Adrian Peterson RB Vikings is coming off a devastating knee injury suffered toward the end of last season. Prognosis has him coming back in September-October. For those cautious drafters this is way too early to pick A.P. and some will shy away all together, but for those of you expecting to be in contention and love to take chances why not take a chance on the super freak. I can't say I would for sure pull the trigger here, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I wouldn't be thinking about it.
This rounds out our coverage of the Show Fantasy Sports early mock draft for 2012....hope you enjoyed the read. I know I am always thinking about fantasy football. Preseason rankings will be up later this summer and we will see how much things on this list change between now and then. Till then....